Classic Christmas movies: Tim Allen's 'The Santa Clause 2' (2002)
One year after dissecting Tim Allen's classic Christmas movie The Santa Clause (1995) on the Jack Vita Show, Tommy Weber returns to the podcast to discuss its successful sequel, The Santa Clause 2 (2002), in this special 2019 Christmas edition of the Jack Vita Show.
In The Santa Clause, Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) is an ordinary divorced dad that puts on Santa Clause's suit, and slowly transforms into Santa. This time around, he has to get married by Christmas Eve in order remain Santa. Meanwhile, his son Charlie has been acting out and has found himself on the naughty list. How will Scott navigate through the business of finding a wife and parenting his son? The Santa Clause 2 also introduces a fun batch of new characters. How well does the sequel measure up to the original film? How well does The Santa Clause 2 hold up, 17 years after its initial release? Jack and Tommy answer these questions, and also discuss the biblical, spiritual and theological themes of The Santa Clause 2.
You can catch last year's episode centered around the original Santa Clause film here.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Amazon | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Pandora | TuneIn | Listen Notes | Podtail | Podchaser | Hubhopper | Audio junkie | Himalaya | Podcast Addict | Available wherever podcasts are found.
Check out more episodes of the Jack Vita Show, discussing movies:
1) Movie rewind: Pixar's 'The Incredibles' (2004) (June 13, 2018)
2) Pixar's 'The Incredibles 2' movie review (July 4, 2018)
3) Looking back at 'Like Mike' (2002) (September 21, 2018)
4) Classic Christmas movies: Tim Allen's 'The Santa Clause' (1994) (December 17, 2018)
5) Nickelodeon's 'Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius' (2001) review (June 5, 2019)
6) How does Pixar's Toy Story 4 rank among the Toy Story franchise? (July 19, 2019)
7) Classic Christmas movies: Tim Allen's 'The Santa Clause 2' (2002) (December 15, 2019)
8) Disney Channel Original Movies: High School Musical (2006) review (March 19, 2020)
9) What makes Adam Sander's 'Happy Gilmore' (1996) one of the most rewatchable movies (April 10, 2020)
10) ESPN's 'The Last Dance' on Netflix, documentary review (May 19, 2020)
Follow me on Twitter @JackVitaShow, and subscribe to the Jack Vita Show on iTunes or wherever podcasts are found.
(Image via Disney)