Jessica McCain France talks The Challenge, Real World: Portland, baseball, Christian faith
Minor league baseball wife, former The Real World: Portland cast member, and four-time Challenger (on MTV's The Challenge) Jessica McCain France (@TheMTVJess on Instagram) visits the Jack Vita Show for a very in-depth conversation covering a wide variety of topics.
Jessica's husband, J.P. France, is a AAA pitcher in the Houston Astros' farm system. J.P. was named the Sugar Land Space Cowboys' player of the month for the month of June. Jessica tells the story of how she and J.P. met, and shares about their journey together through the minor league system. She gives a peak behind the curtain of the life of a minor league baseball player and his family and answers the question, "Is Bull Durham an accurate depiction of minor league life?"
At the age of 21, Jessica appeared on The Real World: Portland (2013), spring boarding her to compete on four seasons of The Challenge (The Challenge: Rivals II, The Challenge: Free Agents, The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II and The Challenge: Rivals III). Jessica reflects on her experience on The Real World and The Challenge, telling her casting story of how she wound up on reality television. She also answers a number of questions about what viewers don't see when they tune into both shows.
Since competing on her final season, The Challenge: Rivals III, Jessica has met her husband, gotten married, moved several times, and is now pregnant with her first child. Jessica catches us up on her life and tells the story of her miraculous pregnancy, and how God recently showed up in her time of need. Jessica is a strong Christian, and in this episode of the Jack Vita Show, she boldly shares her faith story and what God is continuously teaching her. She and J.P. had been through a lot over the last two years, but they never lost faith. Throughout their hardships, they've been able to see God's faithfulness and grace, and remain thankful for His sovereignty.
It's an episode of the Jack Vita Show that you will NOT want to miss!
The life of a minor league baseball wife (0:00 - 19:55)
The Real World: Portland and The Challenge (19:55 - 1:11:35)
Jessica's pregnancy, testimony and Christian faith (1:11:35 - END)
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Amazon | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Pandora | TuneIn | Listen Notes | Podtail | Podchaser | Hubhopper | Audio junkie | Himalaya | Podcast Addict | Available wherever podcasts are found.
Check out other Challenge contestants on the Jack Vita Show:
1) 'Survivor's Jay Starrett on 'The Challenge' 36, 'Survivor' 33 (February 13, 2021)
Check out Survivor contestants on the Jack Vita Show:
1) Survivor: China contestant Leslie Nease on her Christian faith and reality TV (October 28, 2019)
2) Jonny Fairplay talks "dead grandma" lie, faith, and life after 'Survivor' (February 18, 2020)
4) Former 'Survivor' contestant Albert Destrade previews ALCS, NLCS (October 12, 2020)
5) 'Survivor's Jay Starrett on 'The Challenge' 36, 'Survivor' 33 (February 13, 2021)
7) 2021 MLB preview: Survivor's Albert Destrade previews the NL East (March 25, 2021)
9) Stephenie LaGrossa Kendrick talks 'Survivor', life and Philly sports (September 21, 2021)
10) Orestes Destrade, Albert Destrade recap ALDS, NLDS; preview ALCS, NLCS (October 15, 2021)
11) Survivor: Africa's Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper on Braves, World Series (October 26, 2021)
13) Jodi Wincheski talks Amazing Race, Survivor, reality TV casting (December 10, 2021)
14) Brad Culpepper talks Urban Meyer, Florida, NFL career, 'Survivor' (December 20, 2021)
15) Clarence Black talks Detroit sports, faith and Survivor: Africa (February 25, 2022)
16) Scot Pollard talks 2002 Kings-Lakers Game 6, Kansas, Survivor (May 4, 2022)
Check out Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants on the Jack Vita Show:
3) The Bachelorette's Garrett Powell talks golf, US Open, MLB, faith (June 21, 2021)
4) The Bachelorette's Garrett Powell tackles NFL Week 6, NCAAF week 7 (October 19, 2021)